Sponsored by SAFEA (State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, the P.R. of China), " High-end Foreign Experts Program" is setup to invite leading scholars and researchers to do teaching and scientific researches in Chinese universities.
As an important supplement to the Recruitment Program of Foreign Experts, the Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts is initiated for foreign experts who come to work in China for a short time. It is to recruit non-ethnic Chinese experts, who are strategic scientists, leading experts in natural science and technology, humanities, and social science, or internationalized innovative teams capable of achieving critical technological breakthroughs, advancing the high-tech industries and promoting new disciplines.
The State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA) has initiated and is responsible for this program.
The Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts has two sub-programs. One is the Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts working in the educational and cultural sector. The Department of Cultural and Educational Experts is responsible for the sub-program regarding High-end Foreign Experts working in the educational and cultural sector.
2.1 The Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts looks for non-ethnic Chinese experts who are under 65 years of age, and in principle, have his/her doctorate granted by overseas educational institutions and are able to work in China for 2 consecutive years with at least 1 month for each.
2.2 In addition, applicants are required to meet at least one type of the following criteria:
(1) Being an expert or a scholar with full professorship or the equivalent in prestigious foreign universities or R&D institutes;
(2) Being a technical or managerial professional at senior positions in internationally well-known companies or financial institutions;
(3) Being a technical professional at senior positions in internationally well-known cultural institutions, news publishers, sports organizations or health organizations;
(4) Being an entrepreneur holding proprietary intellectual property right or key technologies, possessing overseas entrepreneurial experience, and well-versed in the related industry and international rules;
(5) Being a professional with entrepreneurial or innovative expertise mostly needed by the State.
2.3 For foreign experts who have originally applied for the Recruitment Program of Foreign Experts, passed the evaluation of SAFEA but failed to be recruited at last, they can submit application for the Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts and will be recruited automatically without going through the evaluation process again.
2.4 Before applying for the Recruitment Program of High-end Foreign Experts, the applicant shall reach an agreement or intention with the potential employer by which he/she shall work in China for 3 consecutive years with at least 1 month in China for each.
1. Based upon the agreement reached in Article 2.3, the Chinese employer (non-foreign funded) shall file an application with the Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of the province, autonomous region or municipality where the employer is located.
2. The application shall be submitted to SAFEA where experts in the evaluation committee will review and appraise each eligible candidate.
3. Foreign experts recruited under this program will be officially informed through the Chinese employers.
Experts recruited under this program shall be provided with salary subsidy and other relevant benefits based on negotiation with the Chinese employer.
1. Who are the eligible applicants for the program?
Non-Chinese foreign experts under 65 years of age and shall meet relevant criteria.
2. How to start with the application for the program?
For a potential candidate, he/she should first establish cooperative relationship (or cooperation intention) with a Chinese partner (possible employer) and the latter shall initiate the application procedures on behalf of the former.
3. During the evaluation process, is there anything for the applicants to prepare?
The experts reviewing the application files of a given candidate may call the applicant (or his/her employer) on demand for necessary information related to the program.
Contact person in Shanghai Lixin University Accouting and Finance: Ms. Zhang
Address: No. 995 Shangchuan Road, Shanghai, China
For more information, please contact:
University Website: http://www.lixin.edu.cn/